Pages

Friday 10 June 2011

Its Fascinator Friday... Wedding Edition!

Well its now the middle of June and we're well into 'wedding season'. Having recently been a Bride myself (Alan and I we're married this past March!) I know how important those little accessories are in finishing off your wedding day look! So I've had a look through Etsy again this week and picked a couple of my favourite pieces by some more very talented milliners that are sure to add to that special day.

First up as always is my own piece... the 'Something Blue' Fascinator, hand-crafted in a crisp white cotton and lace, backed with matching wool felt, trimmed with ric-rac and three handmade white lace roses, the centre of each filled with pale blue bead stamens. This pretty little fascinator is sure to add a touch of country chic to your outfit.



Secondly I found this amazing piece by Boring Sidney. This piece ticks so many boxes for me, its quirky, beautifully made and Tim Burton inspired!! I adore Tim Burton and especially the movie Big Fish (I actually just treated myself to this on Blu-Ray this past week!), so a fascinator named 'Ping & Jing' after the siamese twins in the film really grabbed my attention! An amazing piece of work, custom made to order!



Finally, for the rock 'n' roll bride I came across this amazing fascinator by Janine Basil. I love all her work, especially the comic book inspired fascinators with slogans such as 'POW' and 'KABOOM' but I simply adore this little ivory heart adorned with little gold studs and lots of veiling! Certain to make a statement!



Thats all for this weeks Fascinator Friday... be sure to come back next week to find out how you can get involved in Fascinator Friday, as I attempt to make Fridays a day to wear your favourite Fascinator regardless of the occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment